Technology makes life simple in many ways. It is easier than ever to find information about virtually anything with a quick online search. Smartphones and tablets make those online searches available anywhere. You can find out what is going on anywhere in the world with a few taps of a screen.
It is even possible to attend high school and college online. That sounds like a dream come true, but is it hard? Do you have what it takes to be successful in an online school environment?
Going to school online has many benefits:
- You don’t have to worry about getting to class at a particular time, so no more early morning wake-up calls.
- You don’t have to worry about what you wear.
- You don’t need to deal with battling the early morning traffic as you try to rush to school among many other students that are also rushing.
- You don’t have to fight against the crowded hallways when you finally do get to school. All you have to worry about is your own learning experience.
Online school also has its challenges:
- You don’t get to see your friends at school.
- You may miss out on social functions like high school dances and college football games.
- It is also important to be organized enough to finish your work in the time allowed.
- The teachers and professors are not likely to remind you several times when work is due.
Is It Easy or Hard?
Some people have the misconception that online school is easy. As stated earlier, it does have clear benefits and disadvantages.
- People that take online classes have a good amount of motivation, self-discipline and desire to learn.
- You learn at a more self-paced schedule, so most students find they get more information out of an online class.
- In a structured classroom, the teacher may lecture for an hour or more, making it hard to remember everything that he or she says.
- In an online environment, you do a lot of the teaching yourself, so the information stays with you a bit better.
A Lot of Freedom
Online high school and college classes are very convenient, allowing you to set your own learning schedule. It is possible to be successful in an online environment if you want to be.
With technology getting better every day, it makes sense why online learning is a good choice for those that like to work at home. You could still see friends anytime, as long as you give yourself enough time to complete your work.
Online schooling is hard in some ways, but the benefits outweigh the downfalls if you enjoy the kind of freedom that it can offer.