So what are the basic needs of a toddler? You might be thinking of the three obvious ones; food shelter and warmth. Even though this is true, mental stimulation is also an essential need. Children need an opportunity where they can explore a safe environment and interact freely with their peers. Children who are brought up in an overcrowded environment, in an abusive home or in extreme poverty have shown that even though these basic needs were provided, their development is delayed. A toddler’s brain has physical structures that are fortified to respond to external activities. Lack of a stimulating environment can cause the brain cells of a child to shrivel and die. It is for this reason that you should look for a daycare center that provides your child with the necessary exposure while educating him or her. One such center is childcare Marlborough. Children thrive in such an environment and have fun while learning.
Going back to work and putting your child go into the care of others can be a really stressful situation. So, how would you choose the right childcare centers what are some pointers that will direct you to a good center? If you don’t know where to start, it can feel quite overwhelming. However, no need to fret; you can still find the best childcare services for your child and have peace of mind as you go to work, knowing that he is in the best care possible.
Discover the Difference at Childcare Marlborough
Care is provided for children from the age of 2 months, through kindergarten. The learning center at Childcare Marlborough offers something unique; it enables a child enjoys the convenience of learning through a small, progressive learning center. This environment encourages a child to learn, create, grow and dream. The staff strives to work with children and their families. As a parent, you can be assured of peace of mind, knowing that your child receives the best foundation for future learning and mental growth. It is important for the caregivers to be involved in your child’s program as this is important in helping to shape their future.
You surely want to choose the best quality of child care services. Don’t take anything for the chance; ensure the center is registered by the government and all the early learning programs adhere to the minimum standards set by the National Quality Framework.
But there are some daycare centers that will even go beyond your expectations and totally sweep you off your feet and deliver an exceptional level of care as well as the best learning experiences for your child. Whether you are a parent looking for quality childcare or a professional looking to work with the best employer, here is a guide that will help you find quality child care:
- Center location and value: make a list of all the child care centers within your locality and then contact each of them to obtain basic information such as annual fees and any additional cost. You should also be informed of catering, waiting for fees or special events. However, the price should not be the only determining factor when looking for a center. Take into account the proximity to your home and workplace. It would be more convenient if you choose a center that is close to where you live or work.
- Educator training, qualifications, and staffing levels: a good place to start is assessing the education level of the staff. The center should have a good mix of experienced childcare professionals and enthusiastic newcomers to the industry. It is also important to ask about the educator to child ratio of a child in a daycare center. The last thing you want is your child to be caught in a crowed center with a couple of staff member. No matter how good they are, they can suffer from exhaustion and fail to give your child the attention they so need.
- Healthy children’s menus and allergy awareness programs: healthy menus results in healthy minds. As your child takes on the big step of attending preschool, it is vital that he enjoys healthy meals so that their energy levels are kept at optimum levels. The good thing is that a good number of child care centers now provide their students with healthy eating initiatives. There are also in-house chefs, kitchen gardens and other gardening programs. If you are concerned with your child’s certain food allergies, an educated kitchen staff will be able to have a management plan for food allergies.
- Stimulating curriculum and engagement programs: the first early years of a child are very crucial to the development of a child. It is such a time that the child can learn how to transition from home to school life. He gets exposed to the outer world and this interaction will greatly influence his future years. Thus, child care provides principles; outcomes and practices that support early learning and help him make this transition in a smooth manner. The aim of the programs is to encourage children to learn, interact and develop through playful activities. Each center has its own unique facilities, ask more about the program and choose one that reflects your values and interest and also matches the personality of your child.
- Modern infrastructure and up to date child care management technology: the latest playing equipment may be nothing if the facility lacks a caring and engaging staff. A professional staff is more important than any technology a center may have. Ensure that the center is well equipped with safe and modern infrastructure and enough learning resources. Most important, the child care center should be tech-savvy and incorporate the latest education software programs.
The Final Take
Your child’s education is important but much more important is his development as a person. Choose a child care that will provide your child with an all rounded learning experience so that learning becomes a fun and entertaining experience.